Friday, September 20, 2013

A Recipe For Hotdogs

Don't Just Boil Them

I've never been that big of a fan of hotdogs (pork, beef, or turkey), but I will eat them. However, I find boiling hotdogs to be rather gross and it makes it all that much worse to eat. I did a Google search to try and find a different method of cooking hotdogs. Low and behold, I found a method which I've tried and I like a lot. You can find the method here.

Basically, you just cook the hotdogs in a little layer of water in a frying pan until the waters boils off. I used a little too much water the first time and cooked the hotdogs until I thought they had plumped to a good point. Then you add a tablespoon of butter to the pan for each hotdog. This seemed like quite a bit of butter, so I did half a tablespoon and you cook them, turning them.

I'm not sure about Bevin, but I like the hotdogs cooked this way a lot better than just boiling them.

Also, feel free to check out another blog I will be posting in. It's the musings of what I have to say about situations in life, or to talk about things I run across on the internet. You can read my blog over here. There is only my beginning post currently, but it talks about the philosophy behind the blog.


-Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment